Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Have you ever felt like ripping someone's head off?

I did!  And I did just that.  Poor Amy!  Poor Headless Amy!


You see...I never really liked the end result of my first attempt.  I liked the idea....I  thought she would need some help navigating and a compass would certainly do that.  But for all my shopping I could not find the right size.  And it all looked a little...contrived...aye yie yie...the worst criticism other than "it's cute".  Those flowers had to go....

So one day I was walking by her and I said "That's it!  YOUR head is TOO SMALL!  It's coming off!"  and I ripped it off.
This proportion is so much better, this timepiece found at an antique store.  I love the patina of the brass.  I did reuse the brass piece that says "Clover" I don't think you can see it but it is there.  I had to do a little repair work to her neck and shoulders so I added some blackish paint.

The 7 Cent can opener and base are still way too cool.


and Headless Amy still has a zipper foot...I like her.  I feel like her.  Yes, done!




5 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but it drives me crazy when I have something that doesn't feel "done", even if by all standards it is done. And you know, I'm crazy enough as it is so I don't need any more of it in my world. I'm glad you finally got her fully finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do know exactly how you feel! In this case she just didn't feel authentic to me as an artist-if that makes any sense...she just wasn't right. Now..she's done and I'm done with her.

      Delete
  2. Hi Chris, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect! What a fun idea...therapeutic too. I haven't done that since I briefly played with Barbies before realizing I liked Matchbox cars more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freaking Love it!!! I love the can opener arm, her zipper foot! (haha! pun intended?) I love that she lost her head, because we all do sometimes. ;) Glad I happened upon your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting with me:)