Sunday, February 19, 2012

Can you tell what this is?

Can you see what this is?



I know the pictures are bad....


I'll tell you what this is....



Its the reason I haven't been blogging!

 
 I'm on a deadline!  My first ever commission!
and it looks like I will never meet that deadline.  That's what being sick for a month and a half will do for you- put you way behind.  So I will have to contact the client and let him know I won't be done on time but before I do that I should probably put some clothes on this lady!  Its a piece based on his mother so he would most likely prefer she wasn't naked.  
Truthfully, I've had a hard time with the design concept and that held me up from getting started.  I had a plan that involved deer but then I learned from the client that she was constantly battling those furry creatures as they would eat her beloved flowers.  Back to the drawing board I went!  And this is where I stand at 10:00 this evening- not near done but with a good start.  Oh, well, I am certainly used to flying by the seat of my pants so what else would be new?



4 comments:

  1. Wow that is spectacular! What did you sculpt it in? Is it for the interior or exterior? I think it's a wonderful 3 dimensional piece even without the clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo my goodness, you are SO GOOD! Thank YOU for coming to visit me! I too have been busy with my paper mâché products for my Etsy shop and trying to do that while being a full-time teacher is tricky! GREAT DOLLS HERE!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow- this is great so far! I want to know how it started out too- are you sharing trade secrets? I hope you share the completed piece- I want to see more now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know I'm not the only absentee blogger lately. The art looks cool. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting with me:)