Monday, August 16, 2010

Hate it!

Hey- I've been missing in action for awhile! Stuff at work had me mentally bogged down. If I had to describe my boss's mood as a odor it would be some where between a fart and the smell of death and decay. Weekends have been taken up with family re-unions and quick little get-aways. But the good news is I had a playdate with friend Barb and we tried our hand at ENCAUSTIC painting and I fell in love like a teenager the first time a cute older boy showed her some attention. Wait- maybe that's too much of a visual for you...skip that...I just plain fell in love- it was like the seas parted and a great light shone down on me and angels sang in the back ground.....ok, so I get a little carried away. But wait till you see what we did...wait you will- till Barb e-mails me the pics!


Just hate these! Maybe I am being oversensitive but I had such high hopes for these and they just didn't turn out as fabulous as I thought they would.



I wanted to evoke that forever summer/hippie feel and I dunno' I just don't like them. So I will finish the other two and put them away for awhile and who knows, maybe the next time I look at them I will see something different. Do you ever do that with your art?

'till next time ladies!

5 comments:

  1. oh that boss of yours... blame it all to him (or her?) !!! we all need to vent and i hope this blog post helped ;D
    I like what I see but how you feel about it is most important, I guess... but I like it.. it's probably that boss's mood that's affecting your thought about it...
    I have lots of paintings that I really hate... LOTS =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sung Hee- You know- that is a good point- I forget how easily influenced by my environment I am. One would think by now I would get that but like pms it sneaks up on me and I'm stuck in the mire before I even realized I stepped into it! Smart girl- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny. Your footprints are awesome. I love them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also like the foot prints...maybe you are thinking of your boss and instead of farts seeing her as smelly feet? They belong at a lake cottage and you know we live in the state for that!! Don't get rid of them!!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your foot prints- I like how you have them mounted- they are awesome- but I know what you mean about not liking something. I have to put something aside and think about it all the time- sometimes I change it after some thinking time and sometimes I change my mind ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting with me:)